Export Microsoft Excel to CSV in Win OS
Though this is contrary to the official CSV standard, Excel uses the Windows “List Separator” character as the delimiter for CSV files. In English, that’s a comma, but it isn’t a comma for all languages. Try this:
- Go into the Windows Region and Language control panel. The name of that control panel may vary with the version of Windows.
- In that control panel, find the “List Separator” setting.
- Change that setting to commas.
- Apply, exit, and then try save file as CSV again
- Save your file in Excel as a CSV. Instead of semicolons, Excel will use commas as the delimiter.
Go to Administrative Language Settings.
Select Formats and click Additional Settings.
Change List separator from " ; " to " , " and click Apply and OK.